Monday, December 14, 2015

Exercise To Gain Weight : Leg Press

Leg Press


Many experts will tell you that ‘Squats’ is the best exercise to gain weight, but from personal experience I have found that ‘Leg Press’ is actually a lot better.

You might be wondering, why that is?

Doesn’t ‘Squats’ utilize more muscle groups and joints than ‘Leg Press’ does?

Well if you look at that criteria alone then ‘Yes’ I would agree with you, but if you take other considerations such as amount of weights you can lift, and risk of injury, then I think Leg Press is the better contender.

For instance, with the Leg Press machine I am able to lift over 300kg (over 660 pounds), but with Squats I can’t even do a quarter of that amount without injuring myself!

        TIP: Start off with light weights and gradually build up from there E.g. 20-40kg increments




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top